Skip to main content

Reform Catholic Church policy, critics say - Holy Post

A column from Charles Lewis of the National Post. Mr. Lewis has been a fairly impartial if perhaps even supportive of the RC Church. His voice should not be ignored. He has earned the benefit of the doubt as to his intentions. I have called for very much of the same thing on this blog: I have shared it as well with virtually every friend I have within the RC Church in my attempt to sell the idea. To date, I have been seen as being an 'alarmist'; a 'chicken little' running around claiming the sky was falling. "We've dealt with the issue effectively here in Canada" I was told. "We don't need to follow the American model - it's too extreme for us" was the consensus opinion of those who reviewed my suggestion. I was even cautioned that to propose such a structure publicly would result in my possible suspension by my Bishop, should he decide to take offense at my 'overstepping' my position as priest. Well I posted it on my blog anyway... and I will post it again. My prayer is that this time, with cogent and articulate voices such as Charles Lewis (and hopefully other) adding their voices to the chorus, the Bishops will find the song for responsible change more pleasing to their ears.

Fr. Tim Moyle
Diocese of Pembroke

Reform Catholic Church policy, critics say - Holy Post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 

Canadian Euthanasia Information

The May 2010 Euthanasia Prevention Coalition Newsletter can now be found at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/Newsletters/Newsletter108(May2010)(RGB).pdf Bill C-384 was soundly defeated by a vote of 228 to 59. Check how the Members of Parliament voted at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/HowTheyVoted.pdf On June 5, 2010, we are co-hosting the US/Canda Push-Back Seminar at the Radisson Gateway Hotel at the Seattle/Tacoma Airport. The overwhelming defeat of Bill C-384 proved that we can Push-Back the euthanasia lobby in the US and Canada and convince people that euthanasia and assisted suicide are a dangerous public policy. Register for the Seminar at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/2010SeminarFlyer(RGB)(LetterFormat).pdf The Schindler family are being attacked by a Florida television station and Michael Schiavo. The Euthanasia Prevention Coalition is standing in solidarity with the Schindler family. My blog comments: http://alexschadenberg.blogspot.com/2010/05/att